Thursday, September 18, 2008
Obama Hoarding Money, Won't Help Dems
Earlier this month, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid made a personal appeal to Barack Obama: Help me grow the Democrats’ Senate majority by sharing some of the $77 million you’ve got in the bank.
Obama’s campaign said no.
Although Democratic insiders say a better deal could still come, the Obama campaign so far has agreed only to let Senate Democrats use Obama’s name — as well as those of his wife and running mate — in mail and online fundraising pitches. The campaign has planned no joint fundraising events with House or Senate Democrats, and insiders say none is likely to be held before Election Day.
Reid and Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee Chairman Charles Schumer had hoped at one point to get as much as $10 million from the Obama campaign.
The above substantiates my theory that Liberals and Progressives - especially rich ones, whether it's their own money or, as in the instance of The Obamalith, with his campaign cash - are the biggest tightwads on the planet.
Of course, Obama being cheap is no surprise. He is a tightwad when it comes to giving out-of-pocket to charities and when he does donate, he donates to political organizations as the Congressional Black Caucus and tries to file it as a charitable deduction when it's not!
Here's something I've been putting off saying about Obama for a long, long time. I've called him a phony, a fake, a fraud, a charlatan - he's all these things and so much more. But mostly, he's a piece of shit. How anyone can support this two-bit piece of shit is beyond me. Honestly, WTF is wrong with you Obama Cultists?
The only hope is that, if he wins and Congress stays even a slight majority Democrat, we'll have another Repub Revoluion in 2010 like we did in '94 and the Republicans will put the brakes on everything the Dems try to do.
And in four years, the country will shift drastically to the Right.
Conservatism (not Republicanism) may have to be put into a coma for 2-4 years in order for it to emerge healthy and well. It will be a shitty 2-4 years we have to get through, though. Just thinking about it scares the jeebus out of me.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.