Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Obama Jesus: The Truth? Bwa ha ha ha!
In a publicity stunt it would seem, Artist Michael D'Antuono plans to show his "crowned" messiah President Barack Obama at New York City's Union Square. The painting called "The Truth" is a symbol of worship of Obama, in an over-the-top depiction of Obama looking like The Holy Bible's Jesus when he hung on the cross.
I have to say the artist is certainly conceptually original, isn't he? His "The Truth" is below:
Oh, wait...yeah...I knew it look vaguely familiar from what I created almost a year ago:
Well, imitation - if not profane and obscene plagiarism - is the most sincere form of flattery, I guess!
I got a couple of trips I need to make.
This artists rips off my idea, which I can prove I created in spring or summer of 2008. What a fuckwad.
I'm about due to stop by your place in a few minutes. I haven't been on line much last week, and limited amts of time this week.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.