Friday, March 14, 2008
Obama's Pastor Damns America
(Left/Right): Senator Barack Obama with the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. in a 2005 photograph.
Trinity United Church of Christ/Religion New Service
Oooooooh, this one is going to be mighty difficult for
Obama's Pastor, the man who performed the wedding ceremony for the Obamas, Rev. Jeremiah Wright of the Trinity United Church of Christ is on record preaching the following statements. ABC News:
Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama's pastor for the last 20 years at the Trinity United Church of Christ
Sen. Barack Obama's pastor says blacks should not sing "God Bless America" but "God damn America."
."..God damn America, that's in the Bible for killing innocent people," he said in a 2003 sermon. "God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme."
In addition to damning America, he told his congregation on the Sunday after Sept. 11, 2001 that the United States had brought on al Qaeda's attacks because of its own terrorism.
"We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye," Rev. Wright said in a sermon on Sept. 16, 2001.
"We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost," he told his congregation.
Sen. Obama declined to comment on Rev. Wright's denunciations of the United States, but a campaign religious adviser, Shaun Casey, appearing on "Good Morning America" Thursday, said Obama "had repudiated" those comments.
It's once again amazing how the Left is willing to overlook statements that are so similar to someone who was often a target of their wrath - the late Rev. Jerry Falwell - when it comes to a Liberal saying the same thing. Oh, how quickly the Left forgets and how selective
Obama's response, so far, is that he refers to Rev. Wright, "is like an old uncle who says things I don’t always agree with.” Well, perhaps, but how many of us have an old uncle as our main spiritual adviser while we're running for president of the country of which our uncle is so filled with hatred? The question Obama is skirting around is how can he justify embracing someone as his pastor and adviser, someone who is so full of rage and anger directed at his own country.
Oh dear god how the situation would be portrayed by the MSM and the politicians if it were John McCain and his pastor. Oh jeebus, how the Left would be screaming.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.