Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Obama Waffles And Whines
It seems rather than answering a tough question, The Obamalith instead of answering a reporter about Jimmy Carter meeting with Hamas, Barack Hussein Obama just wanted to eat his waffle and be left alone. ABC:
"Senator, did you hear about Jimmy Carter's trip. He said he could get Hamas to negotiate?" a reporter asked Obama Monday as he ate his waffle, sausage and orange juice with Sen. Bob Casey, D-Pa., who ordered pancakes.
Obama responded: "Why is it that like I can't just eat my waffle?"
"I'm just asking.." the reporter said.
"I'm just gonna eat my waffle right now," Obama said.
Obama's waffle comments were used by the Republican Party to cast him as unwilling to answer tough questions about foreign policy issues, and held up as an example of his closed media relations style.
Hopefully, not a scene from the future:
White House Counsel: "President Obama, what are you going to do about [insert catastrophic issue here]?"
President Obamalith: "Can't I just eat my waffle? I'm just gonna eat my waffle right now."
Oh yeah, we're in good hands with him...
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.