Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Don Imus, The Duke Lacrosse Players
And Three MN Gophers Accused of Rape
As the old song goes:
"One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?"
Why...I don't see Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton in Minneapolis bringing aid and comfort to the 18-year old rape victim. Why is that? Where are 'ya, Jess...Al?
(Left to right): Gopher football players Alex Daniels, Alex Massey, E.J. Jones
If the Gopher football players were white, Jesse "Hymietown" Jackson and Al "Tawana Brawley" Sharpton would be in Minnesota, but since the players are not white...well...the two "Reverends" will have to spend their time on Don 'The Fossil' Imus' issue.
We all remember EX-Congressman Cynthia McKinney saying the only reason she was detained entering the Congress building was not that she wasn't wearing her Congressional pin, but "because she is black."
For all we know, the above three Gopher football players may indeed be innocent of the alleged rape charges. I hope they are innocent - I've heard from a couple of college friends who tell me they are not the type of gentlemen who would engage in the behavior that is alleged of them. The investigation into the charges against them is nowhere near complete.
Isn't it time the "Race Card" be put aside, permanently and forever? Except, what card in their deck would the Liberals have to play?
Flopping Aces: Who Will Forgive Imus?
I COMPLETELY agree with you, seriously - I do, on the UofM AD having more political power and clout than anyone can imagine. Of this I have no doubt.
Time and further investigations, especially DNA evidence, can ultimately settle the charges.
Thanks for commenting and visiting.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.