Friday, April 27, 2007
Madman Murtha goes hyper over McCain joke to John Stewart. We all knew it was a joke, Senator McCain, unlike John Kerry's "botched joke".
John McCain tells Murtha and others to "lighten up." Good for McCain.
Let's look at a few, select quotes from Murtha and how he is such proud American and "pro" Military:
"I KNOW there is a [Haditha] cover-up." - May 2006 - Think Regress.
"I say it's time to redeploy." June 2006 - PBS: The NewsHour.
"Screw them," Rep. John Murtha said of Republicans in an email sent to the liberal political group MoveOn.org on Wednesday. October 2006 - Murtha E-mail to MoveOn.org.
"Even though I think [an ethics bill proposed by Democrats] is total crap, I’ll vote for it and pass it because that’s what Nancy wants," Murtha said, three sources at the meeting told the Capitol Hill newspaper. November 2006 - Raw Story.
"They (the U.S. Troops) won't be able to continue. They won't be able to do the deployment. They won't have the equipment, they don't have the training and they won't be able to do the work. There's no question in my mind," [said Murtha].
"We're trying to force a redeployment not by taking money away, by redirecting money," Murtha said, adding he wants U.S. funds to be slanted more toward diplomacy and Iraq reconstruction. February 2007 - NPR.
"Every tax cut I voted against. My wife says, 'You shouldn't say that.'" November 2005 - Washington Post.
And, an assessment of Murtha as "one of the most unethical members in Congress..." - November 2006 - CREW: Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington.
Wow- with folks like Murtha, who needs al-Qaida or terrorists?
And bootmurtha.com is doing a good job of keeping an eye on the Tax and Spender and Cut and Runner from Pennsylvania.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.