Monday, April 23, 2007
Hillary Clinton... MrsSatan...um...
The Return of Auntie Remus
"'Auntie Remus And Her Legends of The Old Plantation' is sure to be a big hit! As heartfelt as her 'It Takes A Village', in her new book Hillary relates her personal stories about growing up as a poor black girl in the ghetto while fighting racism and prejudice at an all-white high school."
- New York Times Book Review
"Another huge, best-seller."
- Her publisher
"I ate it with Grey Poupon and it was good."
- Michael Moore
Even the sacred, Liberal Sceptre of Talking Points, the New York Times, is critical of the Southern Accent pandering from Mrs. Clinton:
At times today, Mrs. Clinton’s slight, flat Midwestern accent dissolved in a cadence-laden speaking style that is more associated with a Southern Baptist minister (or her husband) than with her. Sometimes it was the “g” at the end of a gerund that disappeared, like “runni’” instead of running. Sometimes her voice went soft at the end of sentences.
She has spoken like this to black audiences before, most memorably at a black church in Selma, Alabama, this winter when both she and Mr. Obama were in the town to commemorate a civil rights anniversary. Mr. Obama, who usually speaks without an accent, sometimes displays a similar lilt as well, and Mr. Edwards’s North Carolina accent sometimes sounds much sharper than at other moments.
Give a listen to yet another in a long list of affectatations of accents Auntie Remus has to offer whomever the crowd is she is speaking:
Labels: Auntie Remus
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.