Friday, October 17, 2008
"Kill Him" Threat Found Baseless
Well, dang it, if it isn't impossible to verify any claims that anyone heard someone yell, "kill him." Not regarding Obama and not regarding Ayers. It was a pure concoction from the Obama Cultists and The Insane Liberal Clown Posse.
From the Kansas City Star:
The agent in charge of the Secret Service field office in Scranton said allegations that someone yelled “kill him” when presidential hopeful Barack Obama’s name was mentioned during Tuesday’s Sarah Palin rally are unfounded.
The Scranton Times-Tribune first reported the alleged incident on its Web site Tuesday and then again in its print edition Wednesday. The first story, written by reporter David Singleton, appeared with allegations that while congressional candidate Chris Hackett was addressing the crowd and mentioned Obama’s name a man in the audience shouted “kill him."
News organizations including ABC, The Associated Press, The Washington Monthly and MSNBC’s Countdown with Keith Olbermann reported the claim, with most attributing the allegations to the Times-Tribune story. (Obama also mentioned it in the debate with Sen. John McCain last night. -- Ed.)
Agent Bill Slavoski said he was in the audience, along with an undisclosed number of additional secret service agents and other law enforcement officers and not one heard the comment.
“I was baffled,” he said after reading the report in Wednesday’s Times-Tribune.
He said the agency conducted an investigation Wednesday, after seeing the story, and could not find one person to corroborate the allegation other than Singleton.
After Scranton Times-Tribune’s David Singleton reported that a member of the crowd at a McCain-Palin yelled out “kill him” when Obama’s name was mentioned, other members of the media and, of course, the far-left blogosphere ran when it.
The conclusion: the only person who ‘heard’ someone yell out “kill him” was Singleton. No one else, literally, heard the remark, nor is there any other available evidence proving Singleton’s story to be correct.
I will not accuse Singleton of fabricating a story just to make headlines, but I will point out that members of the ‘mainstream media’ have never been as openly supportive of one candidate and biased against another in history.
Obama must not be all that and more, if his Cultists are so desperate to steal the election. This was a fabricated scare tactic, a shameless play of The Race Card and The Hate Card. This is your standard operating procedure for The Liberals.
I imagine all the bloggers on the Left, Center Left and The Far Left Fringe who eagerly promoted this fabricated event will be busily typing away, hurrying to publish a post correcting their eagerness in exploiting and sensationalizing the unconfirmed and completely fictional "kill him" story. Oh...wait...
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.