Thursday, February 19, 2009
Muslims Protest Obama
as his bodyguards addresses a rally in front the US embassy in Jakarta on January 30, 2009.
Photograph by: Reuters
- About 100 Indonesians from a hardline Muslim group rallied outside the U.S. embassy in Jakarta on Friday, some criticizing U.S. President Barack Obama over suspected U.S. missile strikes in Pakistan.
"Obama has promised maintaining a mutual respect with the Muslim world but the position that the U.S. shows when it attacks Pakistan and Afghanistan means it has not changed," said Heru Binawan, head of the Jakarta branch of Hizbut Tahrir Indonesia.
While there is a radical fringe, most Indonesian Muslims follow a moderate form of Islam. There is also a lot of pride in Indonesia over the four years Obama spent in Jakarta as child.
Some of the protesters from the Muslim group Hizbut Tahrir Indonesia also held banners saying "Obama is similar to Bush".
Those who hate us aren't going to change their ways because there's a different person in the White House. I agree.
Yeah, exactly. The Indonesians figured it out, but the American Liberals can't. Well, I dunno, maybe they can, but they prefer to deny it. Is that a better way for us to say it, they just don't want to admit the truth? They're still wrapped up in Bush Derangement Syndrome.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.