Saturday, February 17, 2007
Al Gore Promotes Eco-Conservatism By Consuming Fossil Fuels, Wasting Energy
...eight concerts were announced by ex-US Vice President Al Gore, whose global warming film An Inconvenient Truth is up for two Oscars.
Johannesburg, London, Shanghai and Sydney are among the host cities.
Three other concerts will take place in the US, Brazil and Japan, with the cities still to be decided. There will also be a concert in Antarctica.
Mr Gore made the announcement at a press conference in Los Angeles on Thursday, joined by actress Cameron Diaz and rapper Pharrell Williams, who will perform at one of the shows.
"We have to get the message of urgency and hope out," Mr Gore said.
"The climate crisis will only be stopped by an unprecedented and sustained global movement."
...oh, and of course backstage bowls filled with M&M's minus the green ones...all spewing pollution - car, jet and semi-truck exhaust, CO2, residual garbage...
...all in an effort to call attention to......conservation, wasting fossil fuel and "using less".
Is there any hypocrisy here, on Junior Gore's part and the whole concert tour?
Let me know. I'm undecided on it.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.