Tuesday, April 28, 2009
High Speed Rail St. Paul To Chicago?
He's asked for the public trust in the past, and has he ever let them down?
[CUE: riotous laugh track]
Oh, yeah, baybee...let's urinate more money into a bottomless pit.
There is simply no good reason to build high speed rail between St. Paul and Minneapolis to Chicago. Biz Journal:
Minneapolis-area supporters of a high-speed rail line connecting the Twin Cities with Chicago -- and points in Wisconsin in between -- unveiled a new Web site and marketing campaign Monday to champion the idea.
St. Paul Mayor Chris Coleman, U.S. Rep. Betty McCollum (DFL-St. Paul) and Ramsey County Commissioner Jim McDonough helped launch the campaign at a press conference at the Union Depot in downtown St. Paul.
...the economic-stimulus benefits of the line, [say] it would create an estimated 1,570 permanent jobs in Minnesota in addition to hundreds of construction jobs. [BUT WILL IT PAY FOR ITSELF? - DRAKE] It also would reduce travel times between the cities along the route and decrease energy consumption and reduce air pollution compared to current modes of travel. [BUT WILL IT PAY FOR ITSELF? - DRAKE]
The St. Paul-to-Chicago rail project, which has been studied for more than a decade, will face stiff competition around the country for a slice of the $8 billion in federal stimulus funds that were allocated for transportation. [BUT WILL IT PAY FOR ITSELF? - WHAT...AM I ON DRUGS EVEN ASKING THIS? - DRAKE]
Obviously, this is not a profitable venture, OTHERWISE THE PRIVATE SECTOR WOULD BE OFFERING IT ALREADY!
So...it's up to government to create something that absorbs more money from taxpayers and the private sector alike.
You have to love Kommissar's like St. Paul's Chris Coleman. These people are not happy unless they are creating ways to waste money.
No surprise Liberal Congresswoman Betty McGollum is wetting her panties and cheerleading yet another monster that will forever require government subsidies.
Where the heck is my good buddy Dave "The Master Asshat" Thune on this issue? Surely Dave will weigh-in with his bulging pot-belly gut that he too favors high speed rail between the Twin Cities and Chicago.
How many times will Chris Coleman, Betty McGollum and Dave "The Master Asshat" Thune ride the high speed rail? Answer: A Big, Fat Zero. They're the types that consider high speed rail something only the Great Unwashed will ride. This is their intention. A nice separate Elite Liberal Class for themselves. And then...there is the rest of us.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.