Friday, February 13, 2009
$13 Bucks A Week
Are you paying attention?
You might want to sit yourselves down, in the event you were to faint from the shock you can slump back into the chair.
I know you must be drooling with glorified visions in your head of just what you're going to do with all that fucking money, and you should be...
...because Pbama is going to let us keep...
...( DRUM ROLL!)...
...an extra $13 dollar a week: (That IS NOT A MISPRINT OR TYPO! Thirteen-big smackaroos extra a week! Woooo Hoooo! We're all going to be Daddy Warbucks in no time under Pbamanomics!)
Officials estimated it would mean about $13 a week more in people's paychecks this year when withholding tables are adjusted in late spring. Next year, the measure could yield workers about $8 a week. Critics say that's unlikely to do much to boost consumption.
"The most highly touted tax cut in the original proposal now translates into $7.70 a week for middle-class workers," said Senate GOP Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky.
Millions of people receiving Social Security benefits would get a one-time payment of $250 under the agreement, along with veterans receiving pensions, and poor people receiving Supplemental Security Income payments.
I hope McConnell isn't speaking like this $13 and $8 a week bump is some kind of accomplishment. It's not. It's tragic.
That $13 is taxable income, so figure you'll net a bit more than half.
The tax credits in the bill are just that, tax credits; which are not the same as tax cuts. If you're not a first-time home buyer or looking to buy a brand new car (who is, pre-owned/used car sales are increasing) then there is little in it for you.
$13 fucking dollars. Gee, Barry...Nanny...Harry...are you sure the government will be okay without that $13? I wouldn't want to compromise any entitlements whose budgets were heinously axed just so I could get an extra, whopping $13 a week. Are you sure our infrastructure can handle doling out $13 extra dollars per week to people who work?
Any Republican who votes to approve this stimulus legislation is not a Conservative.
118 billion amounts to less than 20% of the money of the Welfare for Welfare Bill. What is the other 80%? Pork, pure and simple.
So, whattaya gonna spend all your money on? ;-)
It's insanity. We are doomed.
Saw a great shirt, said, "NoBama, Keep the change."
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.