Tuesday, October 07, 2008
FEC Complaint Filed On Obama's Cash
"We believe Obama for America has knowingly accepted excessive contributions and donations from foreign nationals, and has failed to take the necessary remedial action required by law. We see this as a wide-scale problem and it appears the Obama campaign may be in substantial noncompliance with federal campaign finance laws."
[The Republican Party] said they were concerned that the Democratic presidential candidate may be accepting donations from foreign nationals, and may also be taking a large number of donations that exceed federal limits for individuals.
U.S. law prohibits foreign nationals from contributing to American candidates, but campaigns from both parties have sought money from Americans living abroad.
The Republican Party cited a large amount of money coming to the Democratic presidential candidate from overseas, and a small amount of money that he has returned from foreigners, in explaining their complaint.
The party's lawyers also pointed to news reports of foreigners giving money to Sen. Obama, although the Obama campaign says it has either rejected or returned the money.
"We see this as a wide-scale problem for the Obama campaign," said Sean Cairncross, chief counsel for the Republican National Committee. "This is more money than has ever flowed into a presidential campaign."
Obama: "No, you're Schmoopy !"
Larry Walsh (Left) and Obama from February 2008.
Remember those words from Democrats, spoken not too long ago: "Even the appearance of impropriety must be avoided." Is Obama avoiding the appearance of impropriety with campaign contributions? Is he avoiding it in anything?
And then there's Larry Walsh and Obama, Walsh associated with lobbying firm Smith Dawson and Andrews, which was hired by Will County to secure earmarks in Washington right after Walsh took office. Boy, talk about timing, coincidences and good-fortune, huh?
Obama supporters should be outraged at, what appears to be, perhaps as much as $200 Million Dollars in questionable campaign contributions. They'd be outraged if this were John McCain, or Mitt Romney. I wonder why the Obama Cultists are so silent and uncritical about all this?
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.