Friday, October 13, 2006
Harry Reid Realty
Harry Reid has some explaining to do. No, wait - he should resign immediately!
ABC News reports:
Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid collected a $1.1 million windfall on a Las Vegas land sale even though he hadn't personally owned the property for three years, property deeds show.
In the process, Reid did not disclose to Congress an earlier sale in which he transferred his land to a company created by a friend and took a financial stake in that company, according to records and interviews.
Senate ethics rules are clear in stating that members must disclose all investments, for profit or loss, on their annual reports. They must also report all financial stakes in companies, which Reid clearly didn't do.
I can only imagine how quickly Harry would find the camera and microphone of the press if the person accused was - oh, I don't know - Tom DeLay? Karl Rove? Denny Hastert? And be assured that Harry would be calling for that Conservative to "resign immediately."
I sure it's all above board. Harry's a Democrat!
He wouldn't do anything illegal, immoral, unethical, duplicitous, misleading, underhanded, fraudulent, deceitful, disreputable, indecent,unprincipled, iniquitous, criminal, malevolent, indiscreet, malfeasant, crooked, dishonest, unlawful, shady, corrupt, tainted, dirty or self-serving would he?
Noooooooooooooooooooo! Not Harry Reid. Not Harry! He's a Democrat!
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.