Monday, June 04, 2007
Murtha Madness: The Neverending Saga
Pennsylvania DemocRAT and loooooooooooooong time U.S. House of Representative John "I claim to support the troops but don't" Murtha was on ABC's Sunday "This Week" with Georgette Stephanopoulos.
Among Madman Murtha's many dementia-induced rants, are the following pathetic statements:
Rep. John Murtha, D-Pa., says homegrown terrorist plots like the alleged plan to bomb fuel pipelines at John F. Kennedy International Airport are provoked by the U.S. presence in Iraq.
"Absolutely," Murtha told George Stephanopoulos in an exclusive interview on ABC News' "This Week." "Our presence in Iraq, our occupation of Iraq gives these people the inspiration."
Murtha is "absolutely convinced the first step to stability in Iraq is redeployment."
When asked if Petraeus was included in his lack of confidence, Murtha added, "I'm waiting to see what he has to say. But I am absolutely convinced there has been this overly optimistic picture of what's going on in Iraq, while the figures show the opposite."
"We're inspiring these al Qaeda to go after our troops, who are so vulnerable because they're caught in this civil war between al Qaeda, between the Sunni and the Shia," Murtha said.
Oh, and don't forget to bash General Petraeus well before his assessment date of September month-end. Hard to fathom that Murtha was a Marine. It must have killed him to fake patriotism for those years.
It's amazing what senility and rank partisan adherence does to DemocRATS like Murtha, isn't it?
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.