Saturday, September 27, 2008
Obama Afraid Of Criticism, Goes Legal
The Examiner reports:
Have I gone insane, or is KMOV in St. Louis, Missouri, actually reporting that "Senator Barack Obama's presidential campaign is asking Missouri law enforcement to target anyone who lies or runs a misleading television ad during the presidential campaign"?
The report goes on to say that "prosecutors and sheriffs from across Missouri are joining something called the BarackObama truth squad."
Look, politicians are all about lies. It may be annoying (I find it entertaining), but that's for their opponents and good-government groups to counter -- not law enforcement. That's especially true since whether or not criticism is "misleading" is open to debate. What's being said may be simply a different interpretation, a bit of spin -- or a better version of the truth than candidates and their friends like.
By the way, if the report is accurate, it fits all too well with the legal threats the Democratic candidate's campaign is leveling against TV stations that run NRA ads critical of Barack Obama. John Lott, a noted economist and firearms scholar, has copies of the Obama campaign's cease-and-desist letters on his Website. He also defends the content of the ads (emphasizing the debatable nature of "misleading.")
Sue me Obama
Poor Baby Barry. How did this thin-skinned, delicate widdle Mommies-Boy ever get as far as he did in the rough arena of Chicago politics? Buy a sun dress, get a parasol and some high heels, Barry. You're not man enough to be the leader of the Free World. What a sissy boy!
Hubba Hubba, Dirka Dirka!
Labels: Osama Obama
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.