Friday, January 26, 2007
Dan Sutton: South Dakota DemocRAT
Latest To Face Molestation Charges
From ABC News:
A Statehouse scandal in which a lawmaker is accused of fondling a page has transfixed South Dakota, with many people following the case on TV and the Web as if it were a Hollywood reality show.
Sen. Dan Sutton, 36, is accused of groping the young man last year while the two shared a motel room at the start of the youth's weeklong stint in the Legislature. The young man was 18 at the time.
The boy described being sexually assaulted in the following manner:
A former legislative page has told lawmakers that a state senator from South Dakota sexually groped him last year while the two shared a motel room at the start of the young man's weeklong stint in the Legislature.
[The boy] told the committee Tuesday that he and Sutton shared a motel room for two nights last February in Fort Pierre.
On the first night, he said, he did not realize ahead of time that the room had only one king-size bed and alleged that he was awakened repeatedly by Sutton touching him on his side, back and hip.
[The boy] said he kept repositioning himself and turning over. "I was stunned and didn't know what to do," he said.
On the second night, [the boy] said Sutton touched his genitals. [He said the senator] hopped out of bed, claiming he had missed a cell phone call, and left the room. He stayed elsewhere the next night.
Sutton's lawyer, Mike Butler, said the story is complex and includes a failed business deal that involved Sutton and [the boy's] father.
"Dan Sutton faces far more here today than merely a judgment," Butler said. "He faces the loss of his good office, the loss of what is left of his reputation." (Awwwww, doesn't that just make you reach for a kleenex to dry your eyes? - Ed.)
[The boy] did not stay with Sutton again and told Senate attorney Jim McMahon he did not say anything to Sutton about what had happened.
[The boy] said Sutton never asked why [he] decided to stay elsewhere or why he had tried to avoid Sutton in the Capitol.
Well, it's likely only a matter of time until Sutton announces he's a raging alcoholic and will seek treatment for his drinking problem, right?
Sutton joins the ranks of such DemocRAT luminaries as Gerry Studds, Fred Richmond, Mel Reynolds and Gus Savage who just cannot keep their hands off young boys and girls.
How many days will it take before Sutton, or his lawyer, announce that the Groping Senator has entered into a Rehab program for some sort of chemical addiction?
You can bet the Letch on the left is a DemocRAT!
(Image Credit: "South Park", of course!)
Labels: Dan Sutton
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.