Thursday, July 26, 2007
Robert Byrd Can't Purge The KKK Urge
West Virginia U.S. Senator Robert Byrd just can't purge the urge to kill African Americans.
Last week, Byrd said he wouldn't mind seeing Michael Vick executed for the alleged dog fighting accusation.
The former Klan member also said that Hell is reserved for people like Vick:
"The immortal Dante tells us the divine justice reserves special places in Hell for certain categories of sinners. Madam president, I am confident -- madam president, I am confident that the hottest places in Hell are reserved for the souls of sick and brutal people who hold God's creatures in such brutal and cruel contempt! I yield the floor."
I do not condone in any way, shape or form dog fighting. But really...Byrd is the proverbial kettle calling the pot black.
Byrd - if you were not aware of it - used to be a member of the Ku Klux Klan where he held the title of both Kleagle (recruiter) and Exalted Cyclops. And it is interesting to also note that Byrd, who at the time was in his mid-twenties, did not serve in World War II. He did find time to join the KKK during that same time period. Amazing, what a guy!
Among many of this doddering and dementia-ridden old man's quotes, are the following:
"The Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia. It is necessary that the order be promoted immediately and in every state in the Union. Will you please inform me as to the possibilities of rebuilding the Klan realm of W. Va."
"I will never submit to fight beneath that banner with a Negro by my side. Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."
"There are white niggers. I've seen a lot of white niggers in my time. I'm going to use that word. We just need to work together to make our country a better country, and I'd just as soon quit talking about it so much."
While dog fighting is something that should be unequivocally be deplored by everyone, I don't personally think this is an issue that needs to be addressed by a Senator, let alone one that used to be a proud member of the Klan.
Hard to purge the urge to lynch, eh Bobby? Only a Liberal could be a KKK member who later runs and wins a Senate seat.
Racists can't be Democrats, but Democrats sure can be racists.
Well, you know what they say: Those Good Olde Fashioned Democrat Family Values!
Revisit Bobby Byrd's Klansman Anthem.
Robert Byrd, KKK - West Virginia
Racist Liberal Democrat
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.