Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Randi Rhodes Better Put Some Ice On That!
Elliot said “this does not appear to me to be a standard grab the money and run mugging” as Rhodes did not have a purse or any jewelry on her. He speculates it was a hate crime and an attempt to “silence one of our own.”
"Is this an attempt by the right wing hate machine to silence one of our own? Are we threatening them. Are they afraid we’re winning? Are they trying to silence intimidate us?" Elliot asked [on the] air.
Jon Elliot, with some strange, furry, hibernating creature atop his head - what is that, Jon?
Elliot jumped the gun, sensationalizing a story before any solid or tangible facts were in. It's funny - because he did what he and other Lefty Talkers accuse the Right of always doing; rushing to report something without the facts. Well, facts never were, and never will be, a strong point for the Lefties or an area in which they excel.
Rhodes' attorney and a police source say she wasn't mugged and that she wasn't attacked:
Air America radio host Randi Rhodes is temporarily off the air, but claims she was brutally attacked near her Manhattan apartment are bogus, her lawyer and a police source said today.
Fellow host Jon Elliott claimed on the liberal radio network that Rhodes had been mugged while walking her dog, Simon, on Sunday night. Elliot, who said Rhodes lost several teeth in the attack, waxed about a possible conspiracy.
Rhodes' lawyer told the Daily News she was injured in a fall while walking her dog. He said she's not sure what happened, and only knows that she fell down and is in a lot of pain. The lawyer said Rhodes expects to be back on the air Thursday. He stressed there is no indication she was targeted or that she was the victim of a "hate crime."
"The reports of a presumed hate crime are unfounded," the statement read by a receptionist at the network's New York offices said. "Ms. Rhodes is looking forward to being back on the air on Thursday."
Maybe she tripped on her saggy breasts while singing "Bounce Your Boobies"? Just askin'...
Who knows if planting a fake story of an alleged assault wasn't just a publicity stunt to garner attention and ratings for her lowly-rated radio program? In the Wide World Of Left Wing Conspiracy, an incident like this could easily be dismissed as a planned stunt done with Rhode's consent and Elliot the willing co-conspirator.
Or, as T.C. so eloquently says:
"let me offer this opinion of what happened: she was shitface drunk and pulled a faceplant of epic proportions when she got tangled up in the dog’s leash. Rhodes doesn’t know what happened; we professional imbibers call that 'a blackout'."
Better put some ice on that!
Labels: Ratty Rhodes
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.