Friday, September 05, 2008
Some RNC Protesters Charged With Terrorism
Terrorism charges lodged against protesters at GOP convention. LA Times:
Prosecutors in Ramsey County, Minn., have formally charged eight alleged leaders of the RNC Welcoming Committee -- one of the groups organizing protests at the GOP convention in St. Paul -- with terrorism-related charges, The Times' P.J. Huffstutter reports.
Monica Bicking, Eryn Trimmer, Luce Guillen Givins, Erik Oseland, Nathanael Secor, Robert Czernik, Garrett Fitzgerald and Max Spector, face up to 7 1/2 years in prison under the terrorism enhancement charge, which allows for a 50% increase in the maximum penalty they could face.
This is so unfair. They caused some trouble, yes, but they are not terrorists. More fascist behavior from the Republicans.
Posted by: tlsmith1963 | September 03, 2008 at 06:13 PM
"They caused some trouble, yes..." - Yeah "tlsmith", and I'll wager that if you were harmed by one of them, you'd be out for total retribution.
"More fascist behavior from the Republicans." - Ahhhh, "The Fascist Card" - what took tlsmith so long to use it? I noticed there were arrests of protesters in Denver too, at the Commiecrat Convention. I didn't read that they were fascists.
tlsmith - another tolerant, diplomacy-advocating, peace-loving member of The Insane Liberal Clown Posse. Until you disagree with him or her; then you are a fascist.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.