Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Pbama Continues Iraq War; Short Memory:
In January 2007 he calls Iraq, "A foreign
Honestly, why are we still in Iraq? The "we" being the U.S. Military. Why hasn't His Excellency Dear Leader Mister Pushy Sunshine Smile Barack Hussein Pbama, Junior begun redeploying Troops out of Iraq? That's what he said he'd do. That's what he promised. There is no discussion up for debate, Pbama campaigned on getting out of Iraq and getting out NOW.
From Raw Story (hardly Right of Center), on Pbama's Iraq policies from January 30, 2007 (yeah...2007):
2008 Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama is offering his own plan to stop the continued escalation of the war in Iraq, according to a press release.
Sen. Obama's stated goal is "to redeploy all combat brigades out of Iraq."
The junior senator from Illinois introduced the legislation today, the release saying that it "not only reverses the President's dangerous and ill-conceived escalation of the Iraq war, but also sets a new course for U.S. policy that can bring a responsible end to the war" and return American soldiers home.
Key elements of the Obama plan, as outlined in a fact sheet attached to the statement, follow:
* Stops the Escalation: Caps the number of U.S. troops in Iraq at the number in Iraq on January 10, 2007. This does not affect the funding for our troops in Iraq. This cap has the force of law and could not be lifted without explicit Congressional authorization.
* De-escalates the War with Phased Redeployment: Commences a phased redeployment of U.S. troops out of Iraq not later than May 1, 2007, with the goal that all combat brigades redeploy from Iraq by March 31, 2008, a date consistent with the expectation of the Iraq Study Group.
It's noteworthy that the Raw Story story links to the official Obama website saying the full statement on Obama's Iraq policy in full is available there. Only when you click on their link, that page of Obama's site has been scrubbed. Yeah...uh-huh...he scrubbed his official Iraq policy from his website. He did this a while ago just as he scrubbed his "surge will fail" rhetoric from his site. Boston.com:
Barack Obama's aides have removed criticism of President Bush's increase of troops to Iraq from the campaign Web site, part of an effort to update the Democrat's written war plan to reflect changing conditions.
Obama argues the troop increase has not achieved its other goal of fostering a political reconciliation among Iraqi factions.
After Bush delivered a nationally televised address on Jan. 10, 2007, announcing his plan, Obama argued it could make the situation worse by taking pressure off Iraqis to find a political solution to the fighting.
"I am not persuaded that 20,000 additional troops in Iraq is going to solve the sectarian violence there," the Illinois senator said that night, a month before announcing his presidential bid. "In fact, I think it will do the reverse."
September 12, 2007, Pbama repeats to NPR that, basically, he is for immediate redeployment of U.S. Troops out of Iraq.
January 30, 2007, Pbama calls Iraq, "a foreign policy disaster." The WaPo (so it must be true!):
Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama said Tuesday U.S. combat forces should be out of Iraq by spring 2008 to end "a foreign policy disaster" but he stopped short of endorsing a cutoff in funds.
The Illinois senator introduced a bill to force the redeployment under law, but that's unlikely while Bush is president. Still, Obama said he's taking Bush up on his challenge to critics to offer alternatives.
"It is important at this point that Congress offer specific constructive approaches to what's proven to be a foreign policy disaster," Obama said in an interview with The Associated Press, "because we've got too much at stake to simply stand on the sidelines and criticize."
Obama's bill would cap troop levels in Iraq at the early January level of around 130,000, when Bush announced he would send 21,500 additional U.S. forces to Iraq. It would require that troops begin coming home on May 1 with the goal of removing all combat brigades by March 31, 2008.
Obama said troops should be sent to three locations _ home to the United States, in countries around Iraq to prevent regional conflict and to Afghanistan, which he said is in danger of falling back to the Taliban.
"No More Blood For Oil!"
"Out of Iraq Now!"
"Pbama is a Warmonger!"
The Cultists are too stupid to hold Clownbama accountable for his lies. The Cultists do not know what to do without George to blame for everything. Eventually, you may have a handful of Cultists finally say WTF, but it will be too late for their retarded asses. Clownbama will have already fucked the eyes clean out of their little heads.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.