Thursday, March 19, 2009
Pelosi And Rick Astley. Together Again! (wtf?)
From The Telegraph:
Two months ago, [Youtube] added an official Congress channel, inviting Democrats and Republicans to share quirky political messages with voters.
But analysts say the move has been hampered by politicians’ inability to adapt to an online audience.
Other postings, including one by Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House, were said to be too eccentric or random to resonate.
In a minute-long video, Mrs Pelosi showed footage of her life behind the scenes in the Capitol Building through the eyes of two pet cats.
Making matters more bizarre, the minute-long film was captured to the strains of Rick Astley’s disco hit, Never Going To Give You Up.
Mr Rasiej said: “The problem for Nancy Pelosi, or anyone who tries to do this, is that you can’t fake authenticity.
“The more you try to make the video authentic, the more inauthentic it becomes. And Nancy Pelosi’s cat video is the perfect example of overdoing it, and watching one’s head disappear in a pool of quicksand.”
In another video, Democrat Tim Ryan promoted the virtues of driving an environmental car by referring to the vehicle as a “chick magnet”.
Here's her..."cat" video. I suggest you partake of some type of herbal hallucinogenic prior to viewing it:
Does she think she's being funny - is she attempting humor - by injecting a Rickroll?
It's passe. It's old. It's a cliche. No wonder Hag Pelosi is just now catching-on to it. Hey, Nanny - if you haven't heard...picture shows now are talkies. What a dumb bitch she is.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.