Friday, October 05, 2007
John Edwards: Sissy, Chickenhawk or Both?
An Air America producer just sent over some transcript from an interview their Richard Greene (not our Richard Greene) conducted with Elizabeth Edwards, in which she questioned Rush Limbaugh's Vietnam exemption:
My classmates went to Vietnam, he did not. He was 4F. He had a medical disability, the same medical disability that probably should have stopped him from spending a lifetime in a radio announcer’s chair; but it is true, isn’t it? If he has an inoperable position that allows him not to serve, presumably it should not allow him to sit for long periods of time the way he does. I think this is a serious enough offense for the people who fund him, who buy ads and allow him to be on the air, need to be asked if this is what they really stand for, do they think it is alright for someone who has never served to denigrate the men and women who have simply because they are expressing an opinion. Frankly, I thought that is what we are fighting for.
Is The Sissy a Vietnam draft dodger, the same as Bill Clinton and Al Franken? Sure seems like it, doesn't it?
The Sissy certainly could have joined the Military after 1975 and served in numerous missions and various Military operations around the world. But...he didn't.
Edwards said this past May that Military service should be mandatory in the United States. Mandatory!
The Sissy wants a return to something even more drastic than the Military draft, he wants to implement mandatory service be required. The Sissy prefers sending your sons and daughters off to war. I guess him serving in the Military might mess his pretty coiffure. I don't think the Military has barbers who can give him the $400 haircuts that he insists on having.
Does the rhetoric from The Sissy make him a Chickenhawk? It sure does, according to the most rabid members of the Insane Liberal Clown Posse. Why, that's their textbook definition of a Chickenhawk.
John Edwards: Sissy and Chickenhawk! What a combo!
So what? Now she's a frigging doctor? If she's not careful, 'The Sissy' will slap a malpractice suit on her so fast, she'll wish she had been sent to Vietnam. Hey maybe she can pal around with Hanoi Jane and form a new brain trust or something. Yay!
PS: Some really nice photos you've just put up on the Mtns. Looks like you really did some major hiking, far far up and high in the Mtns.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.