Monday, November 03, 2008
Murtha A Fat Little Bastard
I've encountered some glitches with the link I'm about to use, but at a rally on Sunday in Pennsylvania for Republican Candidate Bill Russell - the man running against incumbent and entrenched D.C. Insider Democrat John "Our Marines are Murderers" Murtha - a former United States Marine Sergeant, Shawn Bryan referred to Murtha as "a fat, little bastard."
Republican congressional candidate Bill Russell's rally on Sunday featured several Iraq war veterans vehemently criticizing U.S. Rep. John Murtha (D-Johnstown), who they say betrayed them when he said troops in Iraq killed innocent civilians in Haditha "in cold blood."
Those remarks sparked Russell to run against Murtha and have been a theme of his campaign ever since.
During the rally, Shawn Bryan, a former sergeant in the U.S. Marine Corps., said Murtha visited his unit in Iraq in 2005. At the time, Murtha told the troops "what a great job we did," Bryan said, only to see him tell his district back home he no longer supported the effort.
Bryan said he didn't put his life on the line for his country "just so some fat little bastard can come back and run his mouth."
It was the second time during his speech that Bryan, who flew in from Albuquerque, New Mexico, had called Murtha a "fat little bastard" during his speech. His remarks were not publicly repudiated at the rally.
In an interview after the rally, Russell told PolitickerPA.com Bryan's comments didn't reflect his own feelings, but he did the defend his fellow veteran.
The remarks are reflective of the anger many marines, who have lost dozens of fellow soldiers during combat, feel toward Murtha, he said.
"Am I going to throw him under the bus for it?" Russell asked. "No. I understand -- he's going to say what he believes."
Good for Mr. Bryan and kudos to Candidate Russell for understanding the frustration from fellow Military Men and Women with the way Murtha has denigrated members of the Military by leaping to conclusions, declaring defeat in Iraq and for calling Marines in Haditha "Murderers". Not only was Murtha wrong, he still hasn't apologized to the Marines.
BootMurtha. Boot him!
Support Republican Bill Russell.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.