Monday, November 24, 2008
September 11 Halloween Hijinks
I first read about the story below at the Bugdrivel blog, a fine blog with whom I've exchanged reciprocal linking for a long, long time.
Here's what Bug wrote:
Take a minute to view the photo in the link [...] and tell me how much it makes you laugh. Go ahead... check it out.
Question: How is it that since this woman knows someone who died and she thinks it was a conspiracy it's okay to joke about those who died?
Another Question: Would she dress up to look like her aunt's killer if she were killed during a home invasion? What if her aunt was run over by a train... would she dress up like a train?
This isn't a way of honoring someone you love... it's a way of mocking their death and saying you don't really give a damn.
I believe Bug became aware of this story via Gateway Pundit's post, "Tasteless Halloween Costumes of 2008."
To the best of my knowledge, it is The Dirty.com that first brought widespread attention to this story. The preceding link to The Dirty links to the blog of the girl dressed as the airplane. (I won't link to her). Her blog says that she is a journalism student.
I'm sure she'll have many offers from the MSM and usual alphabet cable networks, after all, they pretty much treat September 11 in the same manner.
Hopefully, the photo will haunt Lil Miss Airplane for the rest of her life in every job interview she has.
Thanks for the cross-posting... I felt like such a celebrity being quoted. :o)
What I will never understand is how anyone can think that there will be "enough time to pass" in order to feel comfortable with this type of "humor".
It should make anyone with the slightest objectivity and smallest amount of human compassion angry. Which, of course, answers the reason why those that participated in the event, and The Libs, remain pretty much unaffected by it. They hate America and consider 9/11 happened and we are to blame. This is how those idiots think...or believe...whatever.
Like I commented at your blog last week, I'd like to be Ellie for a day or a week so as to forget about all this poltical, bailout and just generally depressing news for a while. It'd be hard to type with paws, but then that's the whole idea of being Ellie for a while! ;-)
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.