Friday, May 25, 2007
John Edwards "Not Comfortable
Around ' Those' People."
Shrum says Democrat Presidential Candidate John Edwards didn't care for gay people: Washington Blade
Perennial Democratic strategist Bob Shrum drops a bombshell in his new book, according to a report in today’s Washington Post.
In the book, he says he asked former Sen. John Edwards at the outset of his 1998 Senate campaign, “What is your position, Mr. Edwards, on gay rights?”
“I’m not comfortable around those people,” was Edwards’ reply, according to Shrum.
Had history shown us, oh - I don't know - say, Republican Presidential Candidate John McCain - uttering what Edwards said, I'm sure cocktail wiener Keith Olbermann would have had something lengthy, flowery and self-righteous to say about it - something written by someone other than Olbermann, no doubt.
But we'll hear no criticism of what Edwards said about "Those People" from Liberal Talk Radio, AirHead America or Rosie O'Moo.
No mention of his homophobia at GLAAD's Main Page or their 'stories to watch' page. Why so quiet, GLAAD? I wonder if a you'd treat his remarks differently if they'd been spoken by a Republican or Conservative.
Again we have Left Wing Hypocrisy redefining itself again, with Edwards getting a Free Pass for his comments.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.