Wednesday, July 18, 2007
82% of Political Donations to Al Franken
Are From Outside Minnesota
In all, 82 percent of Franken's donors this year, who together have contributed more than $2.5 million, are from outside Minnesota.
More than 50 percent of [Republican incumbent Norm] Coleman's donors came from Minnesota, according to his campaign. Of [Democrat Mike] Ciresi's donors, 73 percent are Minnesotans.
A release from Franken's campaign said it was "thrilled" to get money from actors Edward Norton and Meg Ryan. The campaign said it expects criticism for receiving out-of-state money despite holding "low-dollar events" in Minneapolis and St. Paul.
Bill Maher [contributing $1,000] and Rosie O'Donnell [contributing $2,300].
[Those] contributing $4,600 -- with $2,300 earmarked for the general election, should Franken get that far. Those included Dan Aykroyd, Robin Williams and Rolling Stone magazine founder Jann Wenner.
Among other notable contributors were actor Ed Norton, director Harold Ramis, actress Meg Ryan, cartoonist Garry Trudeau, former Health and Human Services Secretary Donna Shalala, and Karenna Gore Schiff, daughter of former Vice President Al Gore.
That followed a first-quarter performance that included $4,600 contributions from actors Tom Hanks, Paul Newman, Jason Alexander and Larry David.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.