Monday, March 10, 2008
Eliot Spitzer, Emperor's Club
Eliot Spitzer, aka Client 9; fond of high-priced prostitutes, caught with his pants down.
New York Governor, uh, make that ex-Governor, Democrat Eliot Spitzer, aka Client 9, is set to resign according to al-Reuters due to developments involving the investigation of a
New York State Governor Eliot Spitzer has apologised amid allegations of involvement in a prostitution ring.
The married father-of-three said he had acted in a way that violated his obligations to his family.
Gov Spitzer, a Democrat, apologised to his family and the public, whom he said he should have served better.
He made no reference to allegations published by The New York Times, which said he had been involved with a high-priced prostitution service.
"I failed to live up to the standards I set up to myself," the first-term governor told a packed press conference at his Manhattan office.
According to court papers, the investigation involves an exclusive prostitution ring called the Emperor's Club VIP, which operated in cities across the US, as well as in London and Paris.
More than 50 prostitutes were employed by the ring, charging fees ranging from $1,000 to more than $5,500 an hour, prosecutors said.
A close ally of Mrs Clinton, Mr Spitzer has pledged to support her campaign.
He is one of the 796 super-delegates - party leaders and elected officials - who will vote on which candidate to back at the Democrats' national convention in August.
Mr Spitzer was elected governor in November 2006, promising ethical reform in New York.
"Emperor's Club." "Emperor"? You can tell how self-inflated Dems like Spitzer are with themselves just by the names of their clubs.
Here is why this story is so funny. Spitzer rode his white horse so self-righteously, posturing and posing himself as holding such a high degree of moral and ethical responsibility while claiming to be a champion of the "rule of law." I guess Spitzer is what you call a "Law and Order Liberal".
The Smoking Gun reports that
Ah, those Good Olde Fashioned Democrat Family Values. I think they come hand in hand with a lifetime free prescription of penicillin and other antibiotics.
Spitzer...married and with three kids. Should the Right show as little compassion for the Spitzer family as the Left showed for the Giuliani family?
Some high class
Any bets on how long before he announces that it's off to rehab for some sort or another type of addiction?
Labels: Eliot Spitzer
I do think that that's what Eliot is indicating there, Tym. You are correct.
Re: your comment 9-2-09 8.30PM: I don't disagree at all. Only that The Libs are the ones who claim they are the party of Family Values, which they most certainly are not!
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.