Thursday, July 13, 2006
Chicken Lays "Allah" Egg
A chicken in a Kazakh village has laid an egg with the word "Allah" inscribed on its shell, state media reported on Thursday.
"Our mosque confirmed that it says 'Allah' in Arabic," Bites Amantayeva, a farmer from the village of Stepnoi in eastern Kazakhstan, told state news agency Kazinform.
Kazakhstan is a large, thinly populated Central Asian state where Sunni Islam is a dominant religion.
Purportedly, if you look closely at it, the roll bears a striking resemblance to the late actor Tony Randall.
I dunno...do you see it?
Cinnamon/Caramel Roll: Can you see Tony Randall in it, anywhere?
Rite Turn Only
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.