Thursday, May 10, 2007
Drunken Ted Mondale: BUSTED!
Little Ted is also out to Save Suburbia, being an anti-"Urban Sprawl" - Pro-Mass Transit type of guy.
Which is funny, because if he'd chosen his personal transportation to be Minnesota's Famous Light Rail Train Trolley, why, then he wouldn't have been PINCHED DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED! Oh, dear my, the irony, the irony, the su-wheet taste of irony:
Mondale said he went to a Twins game Tuesday night and then to dinner with friends downtown, drinking a couple of beers at the game and wine with his meal. "I'm guilty," he said. "Whatever the punishment, I'm going to obviously accept it and never do that again."
Mondale, 49, said a State Patrol trooper stopped him on westbound Interstate 394 between Penn Avenue North and Highway 100 as he headed to his St. Louis Park home. The trooper told him he was speeding and then asked whether he had been drinking, Mondale said.
Mondale, the son of former Vice President Walter Mondale, said he admitted to drinking, took field sobriety tests and was taken to the Hennepin County jail. On the advice of his attorney, Mondale said he refused to take a blood-alcohol test at the jail.
It's funny - downright hilarious - when Democrats get arrested for drunken driving because tragedy plus time equal comedy. Outrageous, hilarious, knee-slapping, spit coffee out your mouth like Danny Thomas - type comedy.
I'm certain Drunky McMondale will claim the usual Democrat Talking Points For When Being Arrested DUI:
1) Admit, whether it's accurate or not, that you have an uncontrollable drinking problem (consult with Ted and Patrick Kennedy if needed),
2) Announce you will immediately enter a rehab and treatment facility,
3) Afterwards, emerge as one of the preachiest and self-righteous speakers against drunken driving.
Not surprisingly, MADD has NOTHING on their site about Ted The Drunk Driver. Not a word. Oh, MADD notes and links to stories about Paris Hilton's drunken driving, Prom night and underage drinking, but not a word about Ted Mondale and his drunken driving. The Minnesota Chapter of MADD doesn't mention Drunky Ted either. You don't suppose this has anything to do with MADD being far more politically Liberal than they are Conservative, do you?
Let's watch this case very closely and see if he receives a "privileged" sentencing or if he's treated like any other "Ordinary Ted" who gets pinched for driving while intoxicated.
Rumor has it that during his arrest he was singing, "Give me one more for my daddy and one more for the road...one for my daddy - he's used to be the Vice President, you know - and one more; hell make it two more, for the road..."
Upon being arrested he is alleged to have said, "Do you know who my daddy is?"
Drunky McPrivileged: (Left) Mug Shot / (Right) Regular Sober Shot
(well, sober as far as we can tell...who knows?)
(Oh, those parts about him singing and saying "do you know who my daddy is," - I made them up. Wait - let me restate that, I have not yet confirmed he didn't say those things.)
Labels: Ted Mondale DUI
You, my dear anonymous troll, are an idiot. You should stay in jail the next time you get arrested.
I'll say any damn thing I please on my blog. You're lucky I published your comment, since I do not normally published anonymous comments. But yours is so rank, so self-righteous, so pathetic - I couldn't help but publish it in between fits of laughter at your immature rant.
Are you Ted's ugly sister Eleanor, who talks and sounds as if she has testicles in her mouth?
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.