Monday, May 21, 2007
Jimmy Carter: Worst.President.Ever
Carter is becoming a more bitter and virulent man every day of his life. He's a subservient poodle doing the bidding of, and obeying, the Democrat National Committee. Whatever is asked of him to do on the behalf of partisan politics he is only too happy to comply. Whether it's trashing any ideology that doesn't fit with Pure Liberalism, siding with Palestinian terrorists or bestowing legitimacy to the rigged "elections" of world dictators with his Carter Center, Jimmy is more than willing to allow his puppet strings be pulled and manipulated for the sole reason of rank partisanship.
Let's review the highlights of Carter's sickly and suffocating four year presidency: The On-Line Encyclopaedia Britannica states:
* that during the Carter Administration the inflation rate climbed higher each year he was in office, rising from 6 percent in 1976 to more than 12 percent by 1980
* the unemployment rate remained high at 7.5 percent
* interest rates reached a high of 20 percent or more twice during 1980
As if the above three items wouldn't economically cripple a nation by themselves, the U.S. experienced a horrendous energy crisis that Carter was incapable and impotent of resolving. Raise your hand and yell "Whoooo-Hoooo" if you want to return to the Carter-Mondale era of cars stacked in long lines outside of gas stations and setting your home thermostat to 65 degrees.
And let's not forget that the U.S., for its first time in history - under Carter - demonstrated and displayed weakness to the world by failing to effectively resolve the hostage crisis in Tehran. We're still paying a price today for Carter's dreadful and feeble foreign policies. Carter's disastrous attempt to rescue the hostages via his botched plan, Operation Eagle Claw, only underscores his abysmal failure as Commander In Chief.
So ineffectual was Carter in handling the hostage crisis, that the hostages were released when Ronald Regan took office. Allegations that the Reagan campaign had secretly negotiated with Iran not to release the hostages until after the election was investigated by a congressional subcommittee - a Democrat majority at the time - and never proven. No witnesses were ever found to substantiate the allegations that Reagan has any "secret deal" with Iran.
Let's look at The Misery Index - the inflation rate plus the unemployment rate - as rated by president, especially Carter's single, four year term (note: the higher the number, the higher the degree of misery):
* Carter's Misery Index scores a 16.27.
* George W. Bush's Misery Index for his term to date is 7.96, well below half that of Carter.
Other failures of the Carter-Mondale Administration run as lengthy as a paper roll print-out of an auditor's calculator. These are but a few of Carter's transgressions:
* in his first month in office he cut the Defense Budget by $6 Billion dollars
* he unilaterally removed all nuclear weapons and reduced U.S. Troop levels in South Korea
* he canceled the the B-1 bomber program, further weakening the U.S. Military
* he reinstated the draft
* his SALT (Strategic Arms Limitations Talks) One and Two treaties served only to weaken U.S. defense
* Carter's National Security Advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski admitted that the United States began sending aid to anti-Soviet Afghan Islamist factions on July 3, 1979 (even then Carter was a sympathetic ally of Islamofascists)
* Carter and Brzezinski started a $40 billion covert program of training Islamic fundamentalists in Pakistan and Afghanistan
* he single-handedly ruined our relationship with Iran, a U.S. ally since World War II thereby allowing Iran's maturation into the world threat that it is today
* he refused to allow American athletes to participate in the 1980 Moscow Summer Olympics
* he increased the payroll tax for Social Security
* the prime lending rate hit 21.5% in December 1980, the highest rate in U.S. history under any President
Finally, I would be remiss not to mention that on April 20, 1979, Carter was attacked by... a rabbit. Even rabbits knew that Carter was a weak, fragile and cowardly man who wouldn't fight back and defend himself.
So, Jimmy...Bush is "the worst in history"? Try looking long and hard in the next mirror that you pass by and you just may just see whose administration and presidency is the real failure and embarrassment.
Additional Reading: Mondale The Great
Encyclopaedia Britannica On-Line: Jimmy Carter
Wikipedia: Jimmy Carter
Narsil.org: The Killer Rabbit Attack
The Rabbit of Caerbannog
Other's Writing On This Topic:
Bob G at Sweet Spirits of Ammonia
Mike at Flopping Aces
I am starting an organization named habitat for the stupid. It is in his honor, and he can be the first resident president.
thanks for visiting.
Thanks for visiting and commenting.
- I like Habitat for the Stupid, but who's going to explain that to Jimmy?
Remember the W.I.N buttons?
55 MPH for no particular reason?
The Malaise speech?
"Lust in my heart"
I remember I was sitting with my father (I was in college, he had been injured so I took time off to help him), and we're sitting there watching TV, and the president had a speech. Jimmy gave speech about the "general malaise in this country". It was so awful, so determinedly bad, my father, who was a reserved soft-spoken man said (and you have to remember the era to appreciate how shocking this was to me)
"What the hell was that all about?"
For my father, that was practically cussing.
I should probably look this up before saying it, but I want to say the WIN buttons were Gerald Ford's idea. I don't think Carter carried over the WIN buttons.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.