Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Senate Democrats Get Ready For
All Nighter and Slumber Party
Frustrated by Republican efforts to block votes on bringing American combat troops home from Iraq, Senate Democratic leaders were preparing to roll out sleeping cots Tuesday for an all-night debate on the war.
"We're going to work today. We're going to work [tonight]," Democratic Majority Leader Harry Reid told reporters Monday. "We're going to continue working on this until we get a vote on this amendment."
Workmen will set up cots near the Senate floor so senators have a place to slumber -- although it's not clear how many senators will choose to stay up for the debate, much less use the cots.
Left to right, from top left: Senators Clinton, Harry Reid, Joe Biden, Osama Obama, John Kerry, Ted Kennedy (foreground).
"We're going to stay awake all night long, debate the War in Iraq, tell scary stories and 'do' each others hair," said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Democrat - Nevader. "Ted (Kennedy) is bringing the booze and Jim (Webb) is bringing adult entertainment material - perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned that," said an excited Reid.
Biden told NBC News, "Barack said if things really get slow and boring that he'd do my hair plugs into a cornrow, so I think it's going to be a very productive night."
"Tonight will be jush like...ur, ah...tonshight will be jush like our old frat parties," said a speech-slurring Kennedy.
Other items Democrat Senators are providing includes, Hillary Clinton, (D-NY) will bring the Democrat's Devil Pentagram, Robert Byrd (KKK-W. VA) is bringing extra sheets, Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) bringing a lutefisk casserole, Osama Obama (D-IL) providing the music, Barbara Boxer bringing special hash brownies (YUM!).
Labels: Dog and Pony Show
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.