Friday, May 22, 2009
NY Synagogue Terrorists Were Muslim
Four Muslim men suspected of a plot to blow up two New York synagogues and shoot down military planes were ordered to remain in jail on Thursday in what police called homegrown terrorism.
The case has shaken a wealthy neighborhood of New York City's Bronx borough where police said the men, who had been watched for nearly a year in a sting operation, planted what they thought were bombs in cars parked outside each synagogue.
The suspects then intended to shoot down planes with guided surface-to-air missiles, but the explosives and the missiles, which had been sold to the accused plotters by an FBI informant, were deactivated, police said.
U.S. Magistrate Judge Lisa Smith ordered James Cromitie, 55, to remain in jail along with David Williams, 28, Onta Williams, 32, and Haitian citizen Laguerre Payen, 27.
"These are extremely violent men. They pose an extreme risk of danger to the community," prosecutor Eric Snyder told the court. "These people were eager to bring death to Jews."
...[the house where they met was] outfitted with video and audio surveillance equipment.
Huh. I guess we can credit the successful thwarting of this terrorist plot to Bush and Cheney!
Bush and Cheney: Still managing to keep us safe even after they leave the White House.
I guess you could say the policies implemented under Bush and Cheney work at preventing terrorist attacks.
Labels: Blame America, Blame Pbama, Clinton Homegrown Terrorism, Dems Enable Terrorism, Dick Cheney, George W Bush, Islamic Terrorism, Pbama Is Hated, Pbama Must Fail, Terrorism, The World Still Hates Us
I'm signing off for the night. Taking a long weekend, I think - so far - planned to, anyway.
Have a safe Memorial Day weekend, Molson.
My bad. He is evil.
And all the worlds woes going back unto its creation can all be blamed on Bush and Cheney. Who says I couldn't write a LIBERAL BLOG? How hard can it be?
Blame Bush, Blame Cheney.
I guess the Cutlists have to do that since they have NOTHING TO TOUT ABOUT THEY MESSIAH!
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.