Thursday, September 20, 2007
Ahmadinejad Not To Visit Ground Zero
The New York authorities have rejected a request from Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to visit the site of the 11 September 2001 attacks.
The Iranian president will arrive in New York on Sunday to address the United Nations General Assembly.
A New York police spokesman said the World Trade Center site was closed to visitors because of construction work.
He said requests by Mr Ahmadinejad to visit Ground Zero would be opposed on security grounds.
New York Police Deputy Commissioner Paul Browne said the Iranian leader had asked the permission of the police department, the US Secret Service and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to visit the site.
The two who did "get it" immediately were Rudy Giuliani and Mitt Romney, both of whom I have problems with as potentially being the Republican presidential candidate. However...they are beginning to appeal to me more and more because of situations just like this. A Giuliani-Romney or Romney-Giuliani Ticket is sounded better and better - in small amounts - every day.
Labels: Ahmadinejad Ground Zero
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.