Sunday, July 19, 2009
Walter Cronkite Is Dead?
I heard on the news that Walter Cronkite died at the age of 92. Boston Herald:
Walter Cronkite, the CBS news anchor who was considered “the most trusted man in America,” died yesterday at his New York home at age 92, after suffering for many years from cerebrovascular disease, according to family members.
Cronkite anchored the “CBS Evening News” from 1962 to 1981 and was easily the most influential broadcast journalist of the 20th century.
Millions of viewers came to depend upon the St. Joseph, Mo., native for his stately reading of headlines. He ended each newscast with his trademark signoff,“. . . and that’s the way it is.”
Did you know Walter was a member of the nefarious Bohemian Grove and was the voice of the Bohemian Owl ?
Many are praising Cronkite. But he was a Liberal POS; a mouthpiece and propaganda tool for Liberalism and America-bashing. He was a water-carrier for American Marxists. A blatant Socialist...a very, very wealthy Socialist who hoarded his money as do all Tightwad Cheapskate Liberals. And we all know how popular it is to HATE THE RICH these days.
Here's an appropriate comment about Pink Commie Walter from a discussion board at The History Channel:
The US Military was almost overwhelmed by the last great offensive of the VC during the TET offensive. US forces beat back the offensive with incredible valor and after the smoke cleared the VC was finished. Walter Cronkite picked up his fat ass and rushed to VietNam [sic] when it was safe and he put on a helmet and flack jacket for the cameras and pronounced the incredible victory to be a "stalemate". That was it for LBJ. He could fight the enemy but he was no match for Cronkite. He told the world that he had enough and would not run for re-election. The unexpected capitulation of US resolve put a new resolve in the defeated VC and the rest is history. You could make a comparison of a news "anchor" going to Europe after the Battle of the Bulge and pronouncing it a stalmate [sic] for Allied troops. They would have had his head. The media was 100% liberal back then and there was no other voice.
All the CommieCrats and America-haters on the news channels we see today can thank Big Ole Pink Walter for being the granddaddy of pushing a political bent instead of the facts.
Cronkite dead. BFD. GFR. BIH.
No, I shan't mourn Cronkite.
Dan Rather felt the power of he blogs. Cronkite was lucky he lived before that.
Then again, as he probably died as a unbeliever, he is not feeling such luck...
Yeah...Rather's fake story about W's National Guard service ended his news career.
Cronkite was a liberal POS, always eager to do the bidding of the Marxists. I don't miss him one bit.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.