Saturday, June 20, 2009
Walter Cronkite Gravely Ill?
A number of news outlets -- from The Chicago Sun-Times to the Cape Cod Times are carrying reports that legendary CBS newsman Walter Cronkite is "gravely ill." He is 92.
Most are based almost entirely on Mediabistro's TVNewser report, which quotes an unidentified source at CBS. TVNewser adds that the network began updating its obit of Cronkite "more than a week ago."
Then again, the NY Daily News reports Cronkite's failing health is overstated:
Walter Cronkite's spokeswoman denied Friday that the legendary newsman is gravely ill, saying he's recuperating from a recent sickness.
"The news reports that have gone out are overstated," said a spokeswoman for the 92-year-old CBS icon.
"He has suffered no major health crisis. He is at home. He was recently ill, and he's home recuperating. He's not gravely ill."
Rumors about Cronkite's health have been swirling for weeks, sparked by the cancellation of a planned appearance.
I know...I know...some of my Conservative, Indie, Libertarian blogger friends react with, "Dave, why do you have to write things like that?" Well, I do it for several reasons. One is to treat Liberals and Progressives the way they treat others. Do I need to remind anyone how The Left celebrated the deaths of Tony Snow, or Ronald Reagan, or Gerald Ford? Two: Look; you treat your enemy the way they treat you. It's the only thing they understand. Fuck 'em, fuck all Liberals and Progressives. Please note, I am saying Liberals and Progressives, not Democrats. There is a difference.
I guess you could say, to paraphrase Liberal Talker Big, Fat, Dumb, Wife-Beating, Drunken Shooter and Killer of his own dog (while on a hunting trip) Ed Schultz: I'm fresh out of sympathy for Liberals and Progressives.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.