Friday, February 13, 2009
Judd Gregg Withdraws Name
For Commerce Secretary
Republican Sen. Judd Gregg of New Hampshire abruptly withdrew his nomination as Commerce secretary Thursday, the third Cabinet-level pick scuttled and the latest political stumbling block in Barack Obama's young presidency. "I said yes. That was my mistake," Gregg told reporters at a Capitol Hill news conference. He said he'd always been a strong fiscal conservative. "It really wasn't a good pick."
The about-face left Obama without a full team to lead the government.
Gregg gave Obama credit for reaching out to him. But, he cited "irresolvable conflicts" with Obama's handling of the economic stimulus and 2010 census.
I agree with you totally. It's a free country.
Until Pbama and the Libs take it away form those that disagree with them.
The whole census thing. WTF? Pbama wants to control the Census now? He's mad. He's Hitler mad, ala 1929-early 30s with much of the world thinking, "Hitler, oh, he's not a threat, he's not that bad." Sound familiar?
i think gregg was only standing by his beliefs. i do support obama, but i also respect the decisions of those who do or don't support him. it is, after all, a free country.
9:04 PM, February 12, 2009
Editor's note: Imee's original comment - the hypertext of her name - went to an advertising site, so I reproduced her comment but removed the link from her name.
Imee, if you want to buy advertising on my blog, let me know. We can discuss very favorable financial terms.
That's an excellent point. The whole census control thing blows my mind. "1984".
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.