Thursday, October 30, 2008
Obama Brand Socialism
Has Socialism worked in Cuba? Venezuela? North Korea? Mexico? Have you looked at the standard of living among the working class in these countries? The medical care? The unemployment rates? Do they have clean drinking water? Do they have a stable or - at least - a reasonable and safe domicile?
If Socialism is so wonderful, then why did so many Obama Cultists scream bloody murder over the $700 Billion dollar bailout? This is what Socialists do, they nationalize private businesses. Look at Venezuela and Hugo Chavez's nationalizing its oil companies. (And just to remind everyone, I was against the bailout).
If Socialism is so great, then why the outcry from The Insane Liberal Clown Posse over alleged "spying on Americans" from the Bush Administration? This is what Socialist do, they spy on their own citizens.
If Socialism is so great, why such protests from The ILCP over the alleged vote manipulation in Florida's year 2000 election and in Ohio in 2004? Socialism, no matter who is in power, steals the election from the vote of the people.
If Socialism is so great, why the whining from The Left over what they call Bush "gutting the Constitution?" This is what Socialists do, they gut the rights of the people.
If Socialism is so great - The Left loves dictators like Saddam Hussein, Hugo Chavez, Kim Jong Il, Fidel Castro - then they should be in love with George W. Bush, whom they consider a "dictator."
If Socialism is so great, a political policy of always growing and expanding the size of government and co-opting the rights of the people, then The Left should wet their pants with glee over the expansion of government over the past eight years.
The real test is why The Lefties who love Socialism never leave the U.S. and move to a full-fledged Socialist country. Why don't they move? Because they know damn well their standard of living will sink to an untenable depth.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.