Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Demand For Gas Falls, Prices Increase
Why - The Insane Liberal Clown Posse couldn't be WONG, could they?
Demand Falls, Prices Rise. Bloomberg:
U.S. gasoline demand fell 2.7 percent last week, a sign motorists are cutting back on vacation plans as pump prices touch records, a MasterCard Inc. report today showed.
Consumers purchased an average 9.45 million barrels of gasoline a day in the week ended June 20, down from 9.71 million a year earlier, MasterCard, the second-biggest credit-card company, said in its weekly SpendingPulse report. It was the ninth consecutive week of declines from the year-earlier period.
The national average pump price for regular gasoline rose 3 cents to $4.07 a gallon, up 36 percent from a year earlier and the highest in data going back to October 2006, the report showed. Prices on the West Coast rose 7 cents to an average $4.45 a gallon.
The report from Purchase, New York-based MasterCard was assembled by MasterCard Advisors, the company's consulting arm, and is based on credit card swipes and cash and check payments at about 140,000 U.S. gasoline stations.
The Energy Department estimated demand of 9.25 million barrels a day for the week ended June 13. MasterCard said demand was 9.1 million barrels a day for the same period. The government's next petroleum report is set for release tomorrow.
But - But - But - The LeftTards said if we use less and conserve, the cost of gasoline would decrease?
Response: Why in the hell would anyone believe anything said by a Liberal?
Labels: Gore earth fever
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.