Sunday, May 25, 2008
11 Billion Less Miles Driven.
The Result? Higher Gas Prices
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- With gasoline and diesel prices soaring to record levels, American drivers are cutting back sharply on the miles they travel, the Department of Transportation reported Friday. Total vehicle miles driven fell in March by 4.3%, or 11 billion miles, compared with the year earlier. It was the largest year-over-year decline in miles driven since the government began keeping records in 1942. Americans drive more than 3 trillion miles each year.
11 billion less miles driven in May? This must mean that we are conserving. And...the result? The result is that the price of oil and gasoline still climbs. This means conserving doesn't do diddly squat.
Italy is going full-speed ahead with nuclear power. What's the carbon footprint of a nuclear plant? Virtually zero. Albert Gore, Junior's carbon footprint is far larger than a nuclear plant, perhaps several nuclear plants.
Oh well, you fools out there keep believing in Junior Gore's lies and propaganda machine. Because conserving and making-do with less will dig us out of our energy crisis. Oh...wait...it won't!
There is one group, and one group only, who is to blame for America's lack of energy independence. The people responsible are those whose political party is represented by a
Labels: Gore earth fever
I've said it once, and I'll say it again: Al Gore needs to set the mother of all examples before he expects the rest of us to subscribe to his climate change kool aid.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.