Monday, February 04, 2008
Monday Morning Quarterback
I predicted that the Giants would win, although I was off-the-mark on the final score. But then again, so were most the so-called sports "professionals" almost all who all picked the Patriots and who also predicted a much higher final score.
I'm ecstatic that Patriot coach Bill Belichick was handed a defeat and ironically it was in the game that really, really counted and mattered. In the brief post-game interview with him, I thought his big fat head was going to explode from anger and sadness.
It was also sweet victory because we know that both John Kerry and Ted Kennedy were cheerleaders for the Patriots. Does anyone know if Ted passed out from acute alcohol ingestion before the game ended? Did he manage to even make it until halftime?
Speaking of halftime, the halftime show was what any Super Bowl halftime show should be thanks to Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers'. No rock-the-vote messages, no pontificating about anything; just good ole' rock 'n roll! And who else to do it any better than Petty? Fantastic, simply fantastic.
I TOTALLY AGREE, I too have never been so happy to see an undefeated team lose. You nailed it, as you always do Molson!
Thanks for visiting and commenting Don.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.