Sunday, February 03, 2008
Super Bowl Pick
...I'll venture a prediction for that there football game on the TV today. The ViQueens are playing, aren't they? Bwa ha ha ha - oh, I just had to get that last dig in to all the sad, dejected and depressed fans of the Purple Pansies.
I'm going against all conventional wisdom and the prevailing prognosticators with my pick.
NY Giants - 34
Patriots - 24
This pick is based on absolutely nothing.
Kudos to the NFL in choosing for the halftime show Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers'. Petty and his band are immensely talented and fantastic musicians who just keep getting better and better.
Petty, in a syndicated story written by Chris Harry for the Orlando Sentinel, when asked about endorsing a political candidate replied,
"We're not endorsing any candidates. You wouldn't want to take a guitar player's advice on something like that, anyway."
Petty, apparently, hadn't put too much thought into the vastness of his [halftime] gig.
"A lot is just trying to remember the next chord," he said.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.