Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Minnesota Tax Hike's Six Little RINOs
Six Little RINOs.
Watch us! Keep your eye on Minnesota! Our State Legislature is going to prove and set a new example in economic business models.
In overriding the veto of Governor Tim Pawlenty on this massive, onerous and burdensome tax hike, the State Legislature is somehow - magically - going to prove that the way to improve the economy during a recession and a downward trend is to spend more money. This is the same as saying that an alcoholic can drink their way to sobriety.
People are losing their jobs and their homes and the state is going to increase taxes. Brilliant!
The Democrats claim this tax hike will create 33,000 jobs. First of all, 33,000 jobs is a small number of jobs. It's nothing. Second, this tax hike will not create 33,000 jobs. Third - and most importantly - government should never be in the business of creating jobs. The private sector and private businesses create jobs, not the government. The only thing government can do is redistribute wealth to give the illusion that it has created jobs.
Here are the Six Little RINOs who made it possible to override the veto - who salivate and wet their pants with glee when they get their way with tax hikes. Remember them when, or if, they seek re-election or ask you to contribute money or time to their campaigns.
Below are the respective web sites of each RINO. Each site provides information on how to contact each legislator.
I encourage you to contact them by phone and/or e-mail and thank them for siding with the Democrats on one of the most oppressive tax increases this state has ever witnessed.
Be respectful with your comments, but thank them - do thank them. They are supposed to be representing us. And we all know that all of us have far too much money, we don't know what to do with it, so it's best to pay higher taxes...thanks to the Six Little RINOs.
Neil W. Peterson
Labels: MN Legislature 2008
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.