Monday, February 25, 2008
House Overrides Pawlenty Veto
KARE.com reporting that the veto was overridden:
A $6.6 billion transportation bill is on the verge of becoming law after the Minnesota House voted for the first time to override a veto from Governor Tim Pawlenty.
Six House Republicans broke with the governor to make the 90 votes needed to override. The final tally was 91-41.
The state Senate, where Democrats hold enough votes for an override without GOP assistance, is expected to act later today.
The State Senate has enough Democrats to not need Republicans RINOs to cross over for a majority.
Thank the Democrats and the spineless RINOs when you're paying more at the gas pump and an increased metro-wide sales tax and higher vehicle registration prices.
Watch out...Large Marge Kelliher is going to be eating a lot of chips, pies, ice cream, cookies, tacos, burgers, pizzas and snack cakes in her celebratory glee. If there's a rumbling under the State Capitol it's not an earthquake; it's Large Marge jumping up and down...well...at least once.
I can't wait for the telephone solicitation from the Republican party asking me to donate to them again. FAT F*cking Chance.
Labels: MN Legislature 2008
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.