Saturday, September 08, 2007
Democrat Bob Filner Thinks
He's Cynthia McKinney
California Democrat U.S. Representative Bob Filner was charged with misdemeanor assault and battery charges for an August 19 incident when he pushed through other customers at Dulles International Airport. Filner, according to the story, barged past other customers, screaming at employees and pushing a female bagging worker.
"You can't stop me," Filner screamed at the baggage employee. The employee responded, "the police can."
Filner backed off only when he heard another employee on the phone with airport police.
The sworn statement by Joanne Kay Kunkel, the baggage worker, states: "Mr. Robert Filner came storming into our baggage office demanding help with his delayed baggage. He barged in front of a line, interrupting our business with other passengers. He is screaming." It describes Filner as shoving his way into an employee-only office while Kunkel attempts to prevent him from doing so. This is the precious moment where Filner utters his famous words, "you can't stop me."
Is this guy taking lessons from EX Congressman Cynthia "Cell Phone Assault" McKinney?
Filner's behaviour is unacceptable for anyone, especially a member of Congress. I'm sure as soon as Cluck Schumer can find a camera and a microphone he will condemn Filner's actions, call for an investigation and for Filner's resignation.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.