.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, March 26, 2006

SCOOP: Dean Johnson's Apology - Read It Now!

Through anonymous but trusted sources, this site has procured a copy of Minnesota State Senator/Pastor/Chaplain Dean Johnson's apology that he will deliver on the Minnesota Senate floor tomorrow, Monday, March 27, 2006.

Here is his apology:



MN State Senator Dean Johnson, DFL, LIAR

"To the Members of the Minnesota Senate, Members of the Minnesota House of Representatives, the Minnesota Supreme Court Justices, my fellow Pastors, my fellow Chaplains in the Minnesota National Guard, and to the citizens of Minnesota, I apologize for being, as 'South Park's' Eric Cartman would call me, a big, fat, no-good, poopy pants liar.

I apologize for inventing and fully fabricating a conversation with the Minnesota Supreme Court Justices that never happened; that only existed in my small, pretend, make-believe mind. For the record, it is not uncommon for me to have these pretend and make-believe conversations. I often have conversations with The Tooth Fairy, The Lucky Charms Leprechaun, The Trix Rabbit, and David Hasselhoff.

And just because these conversations take place only in my mind, does not mean they are not real. Why, just the other day I had conversation with Little Jack Horner, who was sitting in a corner, eating his Christmas pye. I said to him, 'Hey, Little Jack Horner, how about sharing a slice of that pye with me?' But sadly, he refused, telling me that he would never, ever, vote to overturn Minnesota's marriage amendment.

I'd like to thank the members of the Academy and my fellow actors and actresses for this award for Best Supporting Liar in the Minnesota Senate. You like me, you really really like me!

I'd like the thank my political opposition, the Republicans, for caving in and not having the spine nor the courage to censure me or remove me from office.

My peers in the Senate, Mr. Chekov, Mr. Spock, Miss Uhura and Scooby Doo, know that I am most contrite and repentant in my words here, today.

As I move forward, beyond this day, I promise with all my fervor to refrain from telling tall tales, unless I believe in my mind they are true and factual.

And now, I'd like to ask all Minnesotans to join me in singing our national anthem, 'O Canada'. Ready...a-one, a-two - a-one, two, three, four..."

©2006

Comments:
He shouldn't have to apologize. He may have been over zealous in his methods, but he seems to have a good heart.
 
Thanks, as always Donna, for your insightful and objective input.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker



Web Site Traffic Counters
Alabama Internet

Listed on BlogShares

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This site uses photographs and material from other sources in strict
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.

Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.