Thursday, April 03, 2008
Dave Thune: Master Asshat
The City of St. Paul is thinking it would be a good business decision to allow bars in St. Paul and those within a 10 mile radius of the city, to stay open for business serving alcohol until 4AM while the Republican Convention is in town.
Bars are already hurting under the onerous statewide No-Smoking law, so allowing them to stay open for an additional two hours seems like a good idea for them to make a few extra dollars while a major convention is in town, right?
Oh good Christ no, not to St. Paul City Council Asshat Dave "Toothy Grin" Thune, the pot-bellied, cigarette chain-smoker who uses Mooring Rope for dental floss.
Here's what "Toothy Grin" Thune had to say about allowing bars to stay open for two hours longer. MPR:
"Remember whose ward this is going to end up in -- it's mine. And I've got 8,000 people living downtown who don't want a bunch of puking Republican lobbyists on the streets at 4 in the morning."
Minnesota State Senator Democrat James Metzen;
Democrat Ted "Drunky" Mondale;
Democrat State Representative Tom Rukavina;
and former Democrat Duluth Mayor Herb "Don't Call The Cops On Me" Bergson.
Let's look again at "Toothy Grin's" statement: "Remember whose ward this is going to end up in -- it's mine."
What a petulant little Stalinist. Typical, typical Liberal. "It's MY ward." No, it isn't your Ward, Toothy. It is the Peoples' Ward - you simply represent them. This pot-bellied minor politician's arrogance knows no bounds. His mental maturity is worse than that of a child smack in the middle of the "Terrible Twos" syndrome. How in good Christ's name they re-elect him to office is one of the great mysteries of our time.
I don't live in St. Paul, so Toothy's little temper tantrums don't affect me or my life. I'm far beyond and removed from the fallout of Toothy's Hitleresque political tactics so GFY. Criticizing him and poking fun at him is one of the benefits of blogging. Whenever he opens his mouth and speaks, fatuous material comes puking out and is tailor made for blog fodder. He is a textbook microcosm example of everything that is wrong with politics.
to close businesses and turn St. Paul back into a ghost town.
Hows the property tax rate in St. Paul these days for homeowners?
Well, ya gets whats yas pays for.
Hope it's worth it!
Thanks for commenting. You have my sincere sympathies.
No...tax increases aren't courageous, tax cuts are.
Thanks for giving us the real view of Thune from a St. Paul citizen.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.