Monday, December 28, 2009
Sticky Post Time
This is a Sticky Post, meaning it stays on top for a while (so scroll on down for the newest and latest updates...well, when I can get around to it, that is).
What to do for Christmas?
Well, how about doing something for the Men and Women in the Military?
How about making a donation to Operation Uplink which provides calling cards to our Soldiers so that they can phone home to their loved ones?
AnySolider.com has a great site of what you can to donate to our Service Men and Women.
Consider making a donation to the USO. Click under the heading "How To Help."
Disabled American Veterans is another worthy cause.
And something that costs absolutely nothing but a few moments of your time, but will mean so very much: Operation Dear Abby, Send a Message to Our Troops.
If you have a special organization that you would like mentioned, please add it as a comment.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.