Sunday, November 22, 2009
Al Gore Claims Interior of Earth's Temperature, "Several million degrees."
Al Gore was on The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien recently and was attempting to explain the utility of geothermal energy, which taps the Earth's heat to generate energy. In so doing, former Vice President Gore proved to be an ignoramus.
People think about geothermal energy — when they think about it at all — in terms of the hot water bubbling up in some places, but two kilometers or so down in most places 'cause the interior of the earth is extremely hot, several million degrees aces there are these incredibly hot rocks, , and the crust of the earth is hot ..."
The problem is that Al Gore got the temperature of the interior of the Earth wrong by several orders of magnitude. The actual temperature of the Earth's interior is upwards to six thousand degrees Celsius. "Several million degrees" would describe the temperature of the interior of the Sun.
In other words, if Al Gore were right, the Earth would not be a planet but a star.
This is a man who, in a specific area of science, has no formal training and education in the area of which he speaks, yet millions of Kool-Aid injecting EnviroTards and Cultists bow to him like the Global Warming Guru that he poses and postures as.
Gore doesn't know Michael Jordan from Michael Jackson. And he's asking us to believe him on so-called Global Warming? I have ocean front property for sale for all you Gore Global Warming believers. Send me your money. I will reserve, for you in your name, 150 yards of prime, sandy, beach front property on Pluto. Plenty of land to build waterfront property. Low down payments and affordable monthly payment. Yeah...send me your money. You're gullible. Beyond gullible.
This must be true because Al Gore, Junior said so.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.