Monday, October 05, 2009
GM's Saturn Line Pulled off Life Support;
Ford Builds Plant in China
U.S. auto sales fell back to earth in September with the end of the federal rebate program designed to spur sales and push fuel efficiency.
The CARS program -- formally the Car Allowance Rebate System, but casually called the "cash for clunkers" program -- propped up sales in July and August. As the program ended, however, manufacturers may well have said "pop goes the weasel."
"Floor traffic was lousy all month … It was a real post-clunker hangover," said Mark LaNeve, GM's vice president for U.S. sales.
GM had hoped to sell Saturn to Penske Automotive Group Inc., but the deal collapsed on Wednesday after Penske failed to secure an agreement to have France's Renault SA supply autos for dealers once GM stops building Saturns in about two years.
Without a buyer for the brand, the Saturn dealer network will cease to exist by October 2010, but many dealerships could close before than.
Ford Motor Co. said Friday it plans to spend $490 million on building a third assembly plant in China, ramping up production to meet surging demand in this fast-growing market as the U.S. automaker expands in Asia.
The factory, to be built in the central Chinese city of Chongqing, will make the next-generation Focus compact car, which Ford plans to sell globally.
The new Chongqing facility will initially be able to manufacture 150,000 cars per year, with the capacity to produce 600,000 by 2012 when the plant is at full capacity, the company said.
Did someone say good-paying Union jobs for American workers? No. Sorry. It's low-wage paying jobs created in China.
Viva Marxism! Nothing is going to stop Pbama from destroying America! The UAW must be so proud of their Kenyan!
Besides, propaganda, false hopes and lies are more needed by those maggots than real economic facts and reality checks.
So let me see...
Unemployment getting worse... Blame Boosh.
More banks failing... Blame Boosh.
Wars abroad going poorly... Blame Boosh.
Can't pass anything through Congress despite overwhelming majorities in both houses... Blame Boosh.
Epic Olympics fail... Blame Boosh.
Exploding national debt... Blame Boosh.
Can't do anything but blame Boosh... Blame Boosh.
It's so easy, even a leftard can do it.
Now let's blame Boosh!
I agree. The UAW will back the Fraudy and keep eating his Shit Sandwiches and asking for more. Idiots. Fuck the UAW.
There's a rap song in those lyrics somewhere:
Yo Yo Yo - Blame Booooosh, Blame Booosh. (ka- thump boom, ka-thump boom)
Yo Yo! Blame Boooosh.
I'm gonna have to work on it, although with your creativity you already have the lyrics and music already down, I bet! ;-)
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.